DFN, Tunnel Cut
With the newly developed advanced and high performance tools in ADFNE1.5 (3, Personal Edition) modeling DFN for tunneling has become even easier than before.
- The shape of the tunnel can be any complex.
- The clipping function provides multiple sets as output. That includes those fractures from DFN model that are totally outside of the tunnel i.e., not even touching.
- It also provides a set of touching and intersecting fracture to the tunnel.
- And all those fractures that fall totally inside the tunnel, as well as those fractures clipped by the tunnel boundary.
- That means. all valuable information related to the interaction between DFN models and the tunnel.
- And all these being done extremely fast, 5 seconds for the the following model, for example.